- 2 medium unpeeled Gala, Red Delicious, or Fuji apples, cored, quartered, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups coarsely shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups coarsely shredded green cabbage
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 (11 oz) can mandarin oranges, drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon spicy or Creole mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
toss apples with lemon juice. Add other vegetables and fruit to a large bowl.
Blend together dressing ingredients. Pour over veg/fruit and toss lightly.
store in fridge 4 hours or overnight.