Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ham and Scalloped Potatoes

This is a very fast and easy recipe. Great for those days when you only have a couple of minutes (literally!) before leaving out the door for the day.

couple of ham slices (cut up into large-ish pieces) (about 1 1/2 -2 lbs)
potatoes - sliced (5-6 large)
onion - sliced
a few cloves of garlic, minced/diced/whatever your pleasure is
cheese sauce

bag of frozen green beans, thawed

layer in greased crockpot in order listed

i typically add a bag of frozen (thawed actually) green beans to it about an hour before serving if I'm home. If not, I just heat the beans on the stove and stir it in right before serving. (I don't like mushy green beans - if that doesn't bother you, then by all means, add in to the crockpot at the time you put everything else in!) (cheese sauce on top - it will melt down into the fixin's)

Easy-peasy - esp if you have a mandolin slicer (which I STRONGLY recommend for any household who cooks and does not have 'real' knife skills, *grin*)

I can put this dish together in under 5 minutes. .. serves my family of 4(+baby)

I buy my cheese sauce and ham slices from Aldi - and the cheese sauce from there is gluten free (always check your label as suppliers can change), so if you're watching that, this is great, fast recipe using ready made materials. . . for those crazy mornings. . .

Enjoy!

oh, cook on low 8 hours, high 4 hours. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment